The high-end card with an international network
The Gold Mastercard offers generous daily limits and travel protection, for all your everyday and leisure needs.
Flexible withdrawal and payment limits
Your Gold Mastercard offers the following standard limits.
These can be customised based on your personal situation, and whether you opened your account online or in branch.
You’ll get your individual limits in your Personalised Conditions when you apply.
- €4,000 every 7 days at HSBC France ATMs
- €1,000 every 7 days at any other ATMs(2)
- Overall combined limit of €1,000/day for all ATMs
- €8,000 every 30 days, of which €5,000 or the local currency equivalent can be abroad
Travel assistance and insurance(1)
The following assistance services are included when you travel:
- repatriation of the beneficiary
- repatriation of an accompanying beneficiary
- reimbursement of overseas medical expenses
- ski rescue
- legal assistance abroad
Only available to valid Gold Mastercard holders, with the prior agreement of the Assessor.
The following insurance services are included when you travel:
- trip cancellation or interruption
- flight and baggage delay
- worldwide winter sports cover
- theft or damage to rental vehicles
- 30-day purchase guarantee
Only available for services purchased with your Gold Mastercard.
Cover includes the cardholder, their spouse or partner living under the same roof, their children and unmarried grandchildren under 25 years of age, for whom the cardholder is tax liable.
The description and terms and conditions for this cover can be found in the Gold Mastercard leaflet provided with your card.
For more information, download the latest Notice d'assistance et d'assurance Gold Mastercard
The Gold Mastercard has an annual fee of €134.
It’s also available with HSBC Hexagone, from €14.45 per month.
In France and the Eurozone:
Withdrawals in euros are free of charge at any cash machine.
Card payments and cash withdrawals in the European Economic Area:
Currency conversions are done at the same rate applied by MasterCard on the day the transaction is processed.
Find out more about our currency exchange rates, and how they compare with the European Central Bank’s (ECB) reference rates.
Outside the Eurozone:
- withdrawals at HSBC Group ATMs are exempt from our standard charges(3)
- withdrawals at other ATMs are subject to our fixed and proportional fees(3)
More information is available in branch and on our website in our card fees.
Take advantage of exclusive offers and benefits, book trips and shows, and speak to dedicated advisers at www.mastercard.com
In case of loss or theft
Please report loss or theft immediately:
- call free 0 800 970 179** our HSBC Customer Relations department is open 24/7.
- at your local HSBC branch
- in online banking: Accounts and cards France > Cards > Report a lost or stolen card
If you cancel your card online, you can order a replacement immediately after completing your report.
Always confirm your report without delay in writing to your branch. Either deliver it in person or send it by registered post.
Note: you may be liable for any debts incurred due to late cancellation, gross negligence or fraud.
Log on to your secure banking space, and select ‘Souscription en ligne/Cartes bancaires’ (Online application/Credit cards).
New to HSBC
Complete our easy online form to open an account. It only takes a few moments.