Why choose a Visa Electron Card
Avoid overdraft fees
Automatically checks your account balance for every transaction
Free for the first year
A debit card (payment card with systematic authorisation) for people under 18 years
Use it free of charge at any HSBC Group ATM at home and abroad(1)
Affordable annual fee
Non-Hexagone customers pay just €35 a year.
An ideal card for young people
This card is perfect for people aged 16 to 18 years old, who want a card to help you manage your budget:
- make international payments and withdrawals
- check your balance to authorise every transaction
- monitor your purchases and account balance
The Visa Electron network
This card can be used in France and abroad and benefits from the huge Visa Electron network.
Note: it isn't accepted at all outlets, such as motorway tolls and some car park pay stations.
Flexible withdrawal and payment limits
Your Visa Electron card offers the following standard limits.
These can be adjusted to suit your personal situation, and whether you bank online or in branch.
You’ll get your individual limits in your Personalised Conditions when you apply.
- €2,000 every 30 days, of which €1,500 or the local currency equivalent can be abroad
The Visa Electron Card has an annual fee of €35.
In France and the Eurozone:
Withdrawals in euros are free at HSBC ATMs, and subject to a charge from the fifth withdrawal at other ATMs.
In the European Economic Area:
For card payments and cash withdrawals, currency is converted at the rate applied by Visa on the day the transaction is processed.
Outside the Eurozone:
- withdrawals at HSBC Group ATMs are exempt from our standard charges(1)
- withdrawals at other ATMs are subject to our fixed and proportional fees(1)
More information is available in branch and on our website in our card fees.
In case of loss or theft
Please report loss or theft immediately:
- call free 0 800 970 179** our HSBC Customer Relations department is open 24/7.
- at your local HSBC branch
- in online banking: Accounts and cards France > Cards > Report a lost or stolen card
If you cancel your card online, you can order a replacement immediately after completing your report.
Always confirm your report without delay in writing to your branch. Either deliver it in person or send it by registered post.
Note: you may be liable for any debts incurred due to late cancellation, gross negligence or fraud.
To apply for this product, make an appointment with a branch adviser.
New to HSBC
Complete our easy online form to open an account. It only takes a few moments.