Are you planning to move to France to continue your studies and learn a new language? Its rich culture, the quality of life and the level of excellence of its education means France is an ideal choice.
Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Toulouse, Nice and many other cities are popular with international students. Whether you’re planning a short or long stay, HBSC France is by your side.
From the moment you decide to go abroad, your international bank can help you organise your project. And when you arrive, a range of banking services awaits to make your first day at school a success.
What are your advantages as an international student?
Online services in French and English
Your personal online banking and the HSBC France app are available both in English and French. It makes it easy to manage your accounts and benefit from all your everyday banking services.
We’ll help you learn the language
Online language courses with Babbel(2) : 20% off your first subscription. This offer is valid for a 3, 6- or 12-month subscription.
Help with finding a property to rent
Are you looking for a property to rent? Make it easier with our partner UNKLE, who will act as your guarantor. Benefit from a 1-month discount on your rental guarantee fees(3).
International students at HSBC France(4) partner schools
If you’re studying at one of our partner schools, use the code HSBCETUDIANT when you open your account to benefit from:
Simple, fee-free transfers
No fees on your transfers between your euro HSBC France accounts to all your HSBC accounts thanks to the Global Transfer(8) service.
New to HSBC?
If you are coming to France and want to open an account with an international bank, take a few minutes to fill out the following form.
Speak to an adviser
Do you need advice or help for your arrival in France? Talk to a branch adviser to discover our international services.
(2) Offer valid for a first subscription of 3, 6 or 12 months to learn a language. Subscription fees for Babbel language courses are available at www.babbel.com Offer reserved for individual HSBC France customers, can be combined with other current offers, limited to one access per person or per tax household. To benefit from the offer, the customer must register with Babbel via the link dedicated to HSBC customers. Offer valid as of 1 September 2020, subject to change/deletion at any time. The terms and conditions of the Babbel service are those of the contract signed directly between the customer and Babbel and for which HSBC France is neither a party nor a guarantor. HSBC France cannot be held responsible for the performance of these services by Babbel and any consequences of such performance for users.
(3) Rental guarantee subscription fees available on www.unkle.fr. Offer can be combined with other current offers, reserved for individuals who are already HSBC France customers or for the first time you open an account with HSBC France. To benefit from the offer you must register with UNKLE at www.unkle.fr, and you must use your HSBC bank account to pay for the UNKLE guarantee. The reduction for the rental guarantee will be applied in the second month. Offer valid as of 1 September 2020, subject to change/deletion at any time. The conditions for the execution of the UNKLE service are those of the contract signed directly between the customer and UNKLE and for which HSBC France is neither party nor guarantor. HSBC France shall not be liable for the performance of these services by UNKLE and any consequences of such performance for users.
(4) Offer valid for a first account opened from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2020. Specific pricing conditions apply for students aged 18 to 28 and students of a partner institution of the Bank. Subject to acceptance, and within the limits of the provisions of the contract. Contact your nearest branch or contact us directly for a list of partner schools.
(5) Preferential rate for subscription to the HSBC Hexagone contract during your period of study at the institution. Rate renewable each year upon presentation of a current student card. Offer subject to conditions, subject to acceptance by the Bank. Access to products and services may be restricted to certain persons or in certain countries / regions. (4) Offer valid for the first account opened from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2020. Specific pricing conditions reserved for students aged 18 to 28, or students of a partner institution with the Bank. Subject to acceptance of the file, and within the limits of the provisions of the contract. Contact your nearest branch or contact us directly for a list of partner schools.
(7) Cumulative with other current offers and not applicable to HSBC France employees. Card can be used as a means of payment in store and on the Internet, in one or more instalments, to the nearest cent in euros. Valid for 12 months.
(8) Global Transfers: Up to USD 100,000 (or its equivalent) and subject to eligibility. Additional fees may be charged by French or foreign correspondents for a particular service or following a foreign exchange transaction. The exchange rate corresponds to the exchange price of the currency at the time the transaction is executed plus a variable margin depending on the amount of the transaction and the currency processed.