Advantages of the Plan d’Epargne en Action (PEA)
Invest in eligible French and English products (stocks, mutual funds).
High payment ceilings
Make payments of up to €150,000.
Enjoy an income tax exemption starting from 5 years of detention(1).
Make the most of your money
HSBC Small Cap France
2nd consecutive year
2017 Performance Label
More details on the PEA
What is the PEA ?
Le Plan d'Epargne en Actions (PEA or shared savings plan) is a tax-privileged plan that allows you to invest and manage a portfolio of eligible French and European securities (eg. shares, units of certain UCIs, etc.) while taking advantage of an attractive taxation framework.
The PEA consists of a Securities Account and a cash account intended to receive your payments, proceeds from the sale of securities or dividends, and other products while awaiting their investment.
The shares of UCIs established in a Member State of the European Community as well as in Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein, "coordinated" within the meaning of the European regulations and whose assets are permanently composed of a minimum of 75% of securities are eligible for the PEA.
Note: Since March 20, 2012, the transfer from France of the fiscal domicile of the holder of a PEA no longer automatically entails the closing of the plan, except if this transfer takes place in an ETNC within the meaning of Article 238-0 A of the CGI.
An exemption from income tax from 5 years of detention(1).
An answer to each objective
- Build or foster long-term capital. Do you want to invest a portion of your savings in the stock market while benefiting from a tax exemption on your income and your capital gains? The PEA allows you to make payments in cash up to € 150,000 per person, €300,000 for a married couple or civil partnerships (2). You benefit, from 5 years of detention, a privileged tax regime (1) that allows you to enjoy the fruits of your savings!
- The Equity Savings Plan works like a traditional securities account and allows you to invest as you wish in European markets. You manage your own portfolio and invest in the European financial markets (shares, units of certain UCIs, etc.).
- Prepare for retirement by securing additional income that is exempt from income tax
In addition to traditional savings with the Stock Savings Plan. After 8 years in custody, you can close your PEA and convert your capital into a life annuity exempt from income tax. You thus ensure regular income for your retirement, without taxation, with the exception of applicable social security contributions (except for non-French tax residents).
How to register
Become a customer
It only takes a couple of minutes to complete an online form.
Book an appointment in an branch with your advisor.
(1) See conditions. For more information on PEA taxation, click here.
(2) Only one PEA/PEA PME can be opened per person, two for a married/civil partnership couple subject to a common taxation for all establishments combined. People who are fiscally dependent on a taxpayer cannot open a PEA. Deposit capped at 150,000 Euros by PEA. The opening of a PEA is reserved for natural persons having their fiscal domicile in France and their detention to natural persons having their fiscal domicile outside a State and Non-Cooperative Territory (ETNC).