Why choose a personal loan?
With a personal loan(1), you can borrow €1,525 or more. For example, you can use this type of loan to pay for travel plans, a car, etc.
For renovations or new furniture, see our Home improvement loans, or to fund your studies, check out our Student loans.
To get started, see how much you need, ask us for a quote, then apply online(2) or in branch.
complete your application in five steps:
- update your personal details
- get an agreement in principle
- sign the contract after reading the documentation
- send us your supporting documents
- get the money in your account(6), if we approve your application
Complete your application in five steps:
Fill in an application
Get an agreement in principle
Sign the contract after reading the documentation
Send us your supporting documents
Once you have an agreement in principle, your loan offer is valid for two weeks from the day it was issued.
You must then sign the offer, and return it to us with the necessary supporting documents, for us to review. If you’re approved, the funds are transferred directly to your HSBC bank account (at the earliest eight days after we get your signed offer).
A loan is a commitment and must be repaid. Before you apply, make sure you can afford the repayments.
What you could do with a personal loan
An HSBC personal loan could help if you need some extra money to:
- start a new life whether it’s a wedding, a new child, or redecorating your home
- learn for the future by taking your driving licence or a course for a new career
- get moving with a new or used car, motorbike, bicycle or even a boat
- get active with new sports kit, arts and crafts equipment or an overseas trip
Our unsecured personal loans could help you with any project worth over €1,525.
Do you need insurance for your loan?
HSBC loan insurance is optional for amounts up to €25,000. However, we strongly recommend it to protect you against the unexpected(7).
Our loan insurance(5) offers cover in the event of death, disability or inability to work. It takes over your loan repayments in case of any unforeseen event covered by your policy.
(2) For a loan from €1,525 to €25,000, log on to online banking and select 'Crédits' under 'Souscription en ligne'. You'll see a button saying 'Faire ma demande' if you can apply online. The calculator is available after your details have been reviewed.
(5) Group loan insurance scheme no. 001/900/31 with optional individual membership, underwritten by HSBC Continental Europe with HSBC Assurances Vie (France), a company regulated by Insurance laws. Subject to the terms of the agreement and acceptance by the insurer.
HSBC Continental Europe - Public limited company with a capital of 491 155 980 euros - SIREN 775 670 284 RCS Paris - Registered office: 38, avenue Kléber - 75116 Paris - Bank and insurance intermediary registered with ORIAS (Organisation for the Registration of Insurance Intermediaries - www.orias.fr) under number 07 005 894
HSBC Assurances Vie (France) - Public limited company with a capital of 115 000 000 euros at 01/12/2020 - SIREN 338 075 062 RCS Nanterre – Postal address : 38, avenue Kléber - 75116 Paris - Registered office : Immeuble Cœur Défense - 110, esplanade du Général de Gaulle - 92 400 Courbevoie - Company governed by the Insurance Code.