Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, HSBC introduced a range of safety precautions, prevention and organisational measures last spring. These are to ensure the safety and security of you and our colleagues, while we offer the excellent service you need.
To help counter the second wave, we’re altering our branch opening hours.
Some branches will open with reduced days and hours, and controlled access to support social distancing.
Other branches will close, but can still offer some remote guidance. For example, you can stay in touch with your adviser by phone, e-mail and video conference.
While some of our teams can’t meet you, they’re still working remotely to answer your questions or confirm an appointment. These appointments offer the same excellent service and advice you get in branch.
Our business advisers are here to answer your questions on 0 810 246 810 (service €0.09 per call + call price*). Monday to Friday from 8am to 6.30pm, and Saturday from 9am to 5.30pm (4).
Provide you with the right solutions during this unparalleled time
It’s at the core of our job as a bank to be at our client's side when things get difficult. So, our commitment to our customers is to review the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak and to provide them with the best solutions.
For small business customers
Now, more than ever, you can always reach your usual adviser to discuss any issues you might face.
You can contact them by secure messaging service (online or app), by email, through video conference or by phone. They’ll offer the best solutions to suit your needs.
Several targeted measures have been introduced to help us respond to your specific finance needs:
- for immediate finance needs, a range of solutions will be offered with easier applications(5)
The government’s guaranteed loan scheme, 'Prêt garanti par l'Etat' (PGE), is one of the support measures announced for businesses.
Until 31 December 2020 (this may change), most companies can apply at their usual bank for a PGE to support their finances. These include professionals, firms, business owners, craftsmen, micro-entrepreneurs. Businesses not eligible to apply include some Sociétés Civiles Immobilières (SCI) with a registered office in France, credit institutions and loan companies.
Your HSBC adviser will walk you through the terms and conditions and the key steps to follow(5). They can also guide you through creating your loan request file for the Public Investment Bank, or Banque Publique d'investissement (BPI).
For more information about business support during the coronavirus, visit Foire aux Questions du Ministère de l’Economie.
- small business customers’ finance requests resulting from the crisis will be looked into as quickly as possible
Our business advisers are here to answer your questions on 0 811 70 70 70 Monday to Friday from 8am to 6.30pm and Saturday from 9am to 5.30pm(4). You can also call +33 811 70 70 70 (service €0.09 per call + call price**) from abroad.
For personal banking customers
We’ve also introduced several measures to support our private customers dealing with a temporarily reduced income, whether or not it’s directly connected to the COVID-19 health crisis.
Regardless of your immediate need, either for a mortgage, an existing personal loan or a new loan application, get in touch with your usual adviser who will help you find the best solution for your situation.
Stay connected to your HSBC services
Remote bank services
To respect the health measures to counter the second wave of COVID-19, please use our secure remote banking services. As an HSBC customer, you can:
- enjoy free, secure access** to your everyday banking 24/7 with online banking or our mobile app
- use our e-signature service to authorise any investments you’re considering, without going out
Never activated your remote banking codes, or need to reactivate them? Check our HSBC Secure Key FAQs.
To strengthen safety measures, please use contactless payments.
COVID-19 effect on receiving your mail
We’ll continue to do our best to keep serving you in spite of this difficult situation. Considering the new governmental directions and all the required movement restrictions, the vast majority of our colleagues work from home. As a result, we can’t answer some requests by mail anymore and still respect a reasonable delay:
- for any directive regarding your securities portfolios (stock exchange order, OPC, etc.), we recommend that you use online banking or contact the team Portfolio of the Customer Relationship Service at 0810 17 17 17* - Option 3 / Stock Exchange - (service € 0.09/call + call cost**)
For any automatic investment plan, only contact the team Portfolio of the Customer Relationship Center.
- for any directive regarding your life insurance (i.e. assurance vie investments) you can manage your online contract from your My Online Banking secured space, on the Life Insurance section (additional transfers, mediation and set up, change or interruption of planned payments)(3), or call your advisor or branch
Coronavirus and fraud risk
Coronavirus is a great opportunity for cybercriminals. The crisis has seen a significant increase in fraud attempts involving online ads and phishing emails.
These often appear to be from banks, public services, private and public corporations or associations.
Threats to look out for include fraudulent emails selling gloves, medical masks, hand sanitisers and miraculous drugs. There has also been an increase in fake charity appeals. A new trend is the rise of home cleaning and decontamination services whose only intention is burgling your home.
Beware of unsolicited email offers and never let strangers into your home. Even if they claim to be doing house decontaminations for a government institution or local authority.
Don’t click on links or attachments in a suspicious email and never reply to messages or unsolicited calls asking for personal information or bank details.
For more security advice, visit our Fraud Alert page.
Speak to an adviser
(2) Apple Pay is available on IPhone SE, 6, 6 plus, 6s, 6s plus or on more recent models. It is also available on first generation Apple Watch, 1,2 or 3 series, paired with an iPhone 5 or more recent models, compatibles with the Apple Pay « close proximity » feature and on the iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini or more recent models as well as on Mac. You must have a device running with iOS 9 or a more recent version. Find out the list of devices compatibles with Apple Pay by checking: support.apple.com/km207105.
(3) Relevant HSBC Life Insurance contracts (France): Abondance, Abondance 2, HSBC Essentiel, HSBC Essentiel 2, HSBC Evolution Patrimoine Vie, HSBC Evolution Patrimoine Vie 2, HSBC Evolution Patrimoine Capitalisation, HSBC Evolution Patrimoine Capitalisation 2, Elysées Opportunités, HSBC Stratégie Patrimoine Vie, HSBC Stratégie Patrimoine Vie 2, HSBC Stratégie Patrimoine Capitalisation, HSBC Stratégie Patrimoine Capitalisation 2, Erisa Sélection, Erisa Sélection2, Multi Epargne Vie and Muti Epargne Vie2 (contracts signed through HSBC Continental Europe and its subsidiaries).
Plan Elysées Retraite Patrimoine (PERP subscribed by the association Vernet Retraite, non-profit association n°04/1397 regulated by act of 1 July 1901 and act n° 2003-775 of 21/08/2003).
Within the limits of the measures planed for contracts. Before you proceed with your transaction, and if you don’t usually invest on the selected fund(s), don’t hesitate to contact your customer adviser and ask for information regarding this/these fund(s).
HSBC Assurances Vie (France) - Société Anonyme au capital de 115 000 000 euros au 01/12/2020 - SIREN 338 075 062 RCS Nanterre - Adresse postale : 38, avenue Kléber - 75116 Paris - Siège social : Immeuble Cœur Défense - 110, esplanade du Général de Gaulle - 92 400 Courbevoie - Entreprise régie par le Code des Assurances
HSBC Continental Europe - Société Anonyme au capital de 491 155 980 euros au 01/12/2020 - SIREN 775 670 284 RCS Paris - Siège social : 38, avenue Kléber - 75116 Paris – Bank and insurance intermediary registered with ORIAS (Organisme pour le Registre des Intermédiaires en Assurance – www.orias.fr) with the n° 07 005 894