In light of the unprecedented situation due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the past few days’ announcements made by the French government, HSBC put in place some precautionary, preventive but also management measures aiming to make sure you and our colleagues stay safe. In the meantime, we keep working on offering you the best quality of service.
HSBC activity continuity plan has been tested and was proven solid
It allows us to ensure that all our missions are operated well. Our teams keep their management and intervention capacities over your accounts and are equipped to work remotely and access our banking systems in a secure way.
Stay safe, stay at home
Even with the current situation and movement restrictions, you can still continue to remotely and securely make most of your online banking (even the most sensitive). Keep in mind that as an HSBC customer, you can:
- enjoy free and secured access** to your accounts 24/7 and 7 days a week in order to deal with your main day-to-day operations just by connecting on our website or via our mobile app.
- use of the e-signature service to realise investment solutions you were considering, without even having to go out
- deal with the compatibility of your bank account via Apple Pay if you have a Visa credit card(1) and an iPhone, an iPad or an Apple Watch(2) in order to make contactless payments
If you've never activated your remote banking codes or need to reactivate them again, you can check our FAQ on our HSBC Secure Key secured solution.
We also reinforce our reachability program so you can maintain the same quality for your phone meetings.
Please note that during this unprecedented time of pandemic and in order to deal with your request with full efficiency, the appointment must necessarily be made by:
COVID-19 effect on receiving your mail
We’ll continue to do our best to keep serving you in spite of this difficult situation. Considering the new governmental directions and all the required movement restrictions, the vast majority of our colleagues work from home. As a result, we can’t answer some requests by mail anymore and still respect a reasonable delay:
- For any directive regarding your securities portfolios (stock exchange order, OPC, etc.), we recommend that you use online banking or contact the team Portfolio of the Customer Relationship Service at 0810 17 17 17* - Option 3 / Stock Exchange - (service € 0.09/call + call cost**).
For any automatic investment plan, only contact the team Portfolio of the Customer Relationship Center.
- For any directive regarding your life insurance (i.e. assurance vie investments) you can manage your online contract from your My Online Banking secured space, on the Life Insurance section (additional transfers, mediation and set up, change or interruption of planned payments)(3), or call your advisor or branch.
You still need to go to your branch?
We've tightened our safety measures: several of our branches are now closed but you might still need to visit us for an urgent request. Therefore, we decided to keep some of them open and operating on adjusted opening times, but you must make an appointment beforehand.
You have different options to make an appointment with one of our open branches:
- use the secured messaging service of your online banking space on our website or the HSBC mobile app
- call your usual advisor's direct line or send an email
- check our branch finder and email your closest branch with ‘make an appointment’ in the subject line
A supervisory board with members of each activity and division was put in place in order to assess the daily situation, adjust the recommendations and measures to implement in the bank.
Provide you with the right solutions during this unparalleled time
It’s at the core of our job as a bank to be at our client's side when things get difficult. So, our commitment to our small business customers is to review the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak and to provide them with the best solutions.
For small business customers
Several targeted measures have been introduced to help us respond to your specific finance needs:
- regarding current business loans, customers suffering due to the crisis can ask for an extension of up to 6 months. If the bank agrees to a deferment, the loan term will be extended at the same rate. This won’t incur any penalties or extra costs.
- for immediate finance needs, an array of solutions will be offered with reduced formalities easier applications
- small business customers’ finance requests resulting from the crisis will be looked into as quickly as possible
For personal banking customers
We’ve also introduced several measures to support our private customers dealing with a temporarily reduced income, whether or not it’s directly connected to the COVID-19 health crisis.
Regardless of your immediate need, either for a mortgage, an existing personal loan or a new loan application, get in touch with your usual adviser who will help you find the best solution for your situation.
Coronavirus and fraud risk
Coronavirus is a great opportunity for cybercriminals. The crisis has seen a significant increase in fraud attempts involving online ads and phishing emails.
These often appear to be from banks, public services, private and public corporations or associations.
Threats to look out for include fraudulent emails selling gloves, medical masks, hand sanitisers and miraculous drugs. There has also been an increase in fake charity appeals. A new trend is the rise of home cleaning and decontamination services whose only intention is burgling your home.
Beware of unsolicited email offers and never let strangers into your home. Even if they claim to be doing house decontaminations for a government institution or local authority.
Don’t click on links or attachments in a suspicious email and never reply to messages or unsolicited calls asking for personal information or bank details.
For more security advice, visit our Fraud Alert page.
Speak to an adviser
(2) Apple Pay is available on IPhone SE, 6, 6 plus, 6s, 6s plus or on more recent models. It is also available on first generation Apple Watch, 1,2 or 3 series, paired with an iPhone 5 or more recent models, compatibles with the Apple Pay « close proximity » feature and on the iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini or more recent models as well as on Mac. You must have a device running with iOS 9 or a more recent version. Find out the list of devices compatibles with Apple Pay by checking: support.apple.com/km207105.
(3) Relevant HSBC Life Insurance contracts (France): Abondance, Abondance 2, HSBC Essentiel, HSBC Essentiel 2, HSBC Evolution Patrimoine Vie, HSBC Evolution Patrimoine Vie 2, HSBC Evolution Patrimoine Capitalisation, HSBC Evolution Patrimoine Capitalisation 2, Elysées Opportunités, HSBC Stratégie Patrimoine Vie, HSBC Stratégie Patrimoine Vie 2, HSBC Stratégie Patrimoine Capitalisation, HSBC Stratégie Patrimoine Capitalisation 2, Erisa Sélection, Erisa Sélection2, Multi Epargne Vie and Muti Epargne Vie2 (contracts signed through HSBC France and its subsidiaries).
Plan Elysées Retraite Patrimoine (PERP subscribed by the association Vernet Retraite, non-profit association n°04/1397 regulated by act of 1 July 1901 and act n° 2003-775 of 21/08/2003).
Within the limits of the measures planed for contracts. Before you proceed with your transaction, and if you don’t usually invest on the selected fund(s), don’t hesitate to contact your customer adviser and ask for information regarding this/these fund(s).
HSBC Assurances Vie (France): Public limited company with a capital of 115 000 000 euros - SIREN 338 075 062 RCS Paris - Siège social: 15, rue Vernet – 75008 Paris - Company regulated by insurance laws – Mailing address: 75419 Paris Cedex 08
HSBC France: Public limited company with a capital of 491 155 980 euros (au 27/09/2019) - SIREN 775 670 284 RCS PARIS - Siège Social: 103, Avenue des Champs Elysées - 75008 Paris – Bank and insurance intermediary registered with ORIAS (Organisme pour le Registre des Intermédiaires en Assurance – www.orias.fr) with the n° 07 005 894